Monday, January 22, 2007

I'm buying into this Bridget Jones thing...let me tell you why

Upon careful research and consideration…(please tell me if I’m wrong here, because I might just be projecting)… I find that at least 99% of the human population, even the most stable ones, (and I’m sure they exist) have the same biggest fear: ending up alone and fat. While I happen to have mastered both these arts, it still shocks me how we all secretly share this sentiment but no one really talks about it. Maybe that’s why we feel lost and somewhat naked when we forget our cell phones at home or why “you’ve got mail” sends chills up our spines. It validates the fact that somewhere out there, there are people who are just as fucked up as I am, and maybe, just maybe, I can trick one of them to falling in love with me before he finds out that I (insert vice here: i.e. bleach my mustache hairs/slept with his brother or sister or both/am secretly nauseated by the smell of old people). Only to be preoccupied with keeping that secret once I finally have Mr. Perfect(ly fucked up) in my death grip.

Now that I’ve let it slip that I’m a romantic allow me to recount the top three reasons why I will, in fact, end up fat and alone:

1) One of my best friends told me that if I graduate from college without an engagement ring that I might as well give up my vagina for lost (He said this when he was in a relationship with a girl who left his ass after about 3 weeks, and he ended up graduating without “an engagement ring” as well. Hmm…I wonder if his logic applies to penises as well)

2) The day I returned home from college, my mother told me “you really need to start going to the gym again because fat people don’t get married” (It sounded even worse in Spanish)

3) I was set up on a blind date once and I found out that it didn’t work out because the guy “doesn’t like black girls, especially if they’re fat” (but listening to techno and living with your parents is SO COOL)

Ok, kids, now it’s your turn to make your list!

7 comments:

erica said...

haha... for real? the blind date dude said that? that aint right.

i was hangin out with this girl at school today and this is what she said: "i need to get to the gym because i need to get married"...

when i read your blog it reminded me of what she said: as if fat people never get married...

but anyways... you're still ms. jones, i'm glad you've embraced it. have you embraced the mr. perfect(ly fucked up) that i've told you time and time again is the greatest match in sexual history?

Jael said...

I added the fat part, but yeah. AND I think YOU should marry the Mr. Perfect(ly fucked up) you seem to be obsessed with him

erica said...

you're right. i am obsessed... with you and him finally getting it on...

and dude... did you see vimie's blog? haha... too funny. its all about you.

VJM said...

Mr PFU?? (perfectly fcuked up)

really?

is that who i'm thinking i'm thinking??

hmmmmmmmmm

VJM said...

hahaha.

i'm sooooo mad you said lol g/g ttyl... lylas.

i'm sooooooo mad at you.

jamila said...

it's true "fat" it's like the new four-letterword. but three. i know i sound stupid but fat doesn't always mean you'll end up unfucked. i know that sounds vulgar but it's true. to some fat means "fucked" as far as "woe is me no onw will love me", but liz was a big girl and she found the beautiful belgian. it'll happen and for the resident witty blogger(you), shit someone is bound to stumble over those hungry chicken-bone, knock-knee little girl and be smacked down and eventually be caught by one of us bodaciaous women. (whether we're still fat ro black...with all my bleaching im not sure how much time i have.)
but anyway one day one of those perfectly and equally derranged beaus will find "caca con extra baca(lao)" or maybe they'll discover the wisdom of lauren hill and see what they missed out on.

"What you want might make you cry
What you need might pass you by
If you don't catch it,
If you don't catch it,
And what you need ironically
Will turn out what you want to be
If you just let it,
If you just let it"

whether we're still fat or black in a couople of years. there will always be something to get hung up about becuase of that apple bitter hussy. It's unfortunatley kind of a part of our make up that few of us rise above. but where there's a will there's a way. and you got it all negra.

Say it loud!!!!!

"I'm fat,black and I'm proud!!!"

erica said...

reminds me a something a funny friend of mine said the other day:

"i gotta go to the gym, cuz i gotta get married..."

so sad.... hahaha... i cant help but laugh...