Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nice Man




Last night I was wondering if I'd ever seen a man get kicked in the balls... and then I remebered this little story....

I love teaching, but I especially love teaching other people spanish. I'm very proud of my culture and feel that the best way to share it with others it to, of course, teach them all the Spanish expletives that I know.

My favorite is puto. It comes from the word, puta, meaning bitch/whore/female dog, but the adding the "o" at the end, makes it masculine, which I don't think technically has a meaning other than just being vulgar.

One day I was feeling rather educational, as I often do, so I taught our church secretary, Smith, the word puto. I just happened to omit the real meaning the word, and I just happen to add on that it meant nice man, and that the very next time he saw my friend and spanish-speaking coworker Jairus he should call him puto at the top of his lungs, because spanish speakers LOVE that.

I was lucky enough to be in the room when it happened. So yea, I've seen a man get kicked in the balls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jairus really did that?!?!?!? how did you get sooooo mischievous?????????
My goodness.
d

Ellen Yun said...

you life is full of bloggable moments. lets hurry up and play!

jamila said...

oh my! did ball sreally get bruised? or figuratively?? i loooove! oh my jae. the best recreational liar that ever lived!