Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mr. Darcy (kiss) Mr. Darcy (kiss) Mr. Darcy (doonk)

It is a truth universally acknowlegded, that every woman in posession of hormones, MUST eventually fall madly in love with Mr. Darcy, whether she wants to or not.

Such is the case with my cousin Allie, who is the closest thing I have to a little sister. As such, I've selflessly taken it upon myself to teach her the ways of the world. Including, of course, trying to instill a love of Pride and Prejudice and all other things Janes Austen.

However, Allie's been reticent to accept her eventual fate. And having only just forgiven her for falling asleep during the 5 hour BBC version our beloved book, I was surprised to recieve the following text messages from her


(Text Messages between Allie [in Puerto Rico awaiting the start of summer semester]and Jael [New York, working, apparently])

Allie:
I miss my cousin Jael so I'm gonna watch pride and prejudice right now in her honor. Or Maybe I'm just really bored so hopefully this will help me fall asleep.

Jael:
oh snap! the 5 hour one or the new one? I watched the new one last night

Allie:
Hell no 5 hours. The new one. Its actually a tad bit humorous. I'm not sayin I'm startin to like it

Jael:
Whatever, you love it. Is it for class?

Allie:
No. I don't start until tomorrow

Allie:
What an asshole! Mr darcy.

Jael:
LOL. I thought you hated it. Why are you getting emotionally involved?

Allie:
Because I can relate to Elizabeth and her relationship with her dad

Jael:
You should read the book it's even better

Allie:
He confessed he loves her! oh my gah!

Jael:
that's the BEST SCENE EVER!!!


Allie:
My jaw is on the ground. He made it seem like he was gonna kiss her and then left. I hate this movie lol

Allie:
oh my gah! He smiled at her for the first time ever!

Allie:
Jael, he did it all her for! he did it all for her!

Allie:
Best

Allie:
Movie

Allie:
EVER!


My work here is done.

3 comments:

Deidre C. said...

Is it really THAT good? I don't know what you ladies see in it. Maybe I should give it another go. . .

Erica said...

hell yea!!! i'm a believer... and its all because of you. you showed me the ways of truth in mister darcy.. and i love.. i love... i love you.

Matthew said...

I want to fall in love with Mr. Darcy! Just you wait, Ja...