Thursday, September 13, 2007

Teacher, do you like ice cream

I hate my schedule this term. I start at 7am in the morning, and end at 9:10pm (with a rediculously long break in between). I'm expected to be happy and cheerful this entire time (bitches). However, God has granted me an awesome 8:10 class. They are all really funny and energetic which gets me through that difficult final hour.

There are three students in particular: Jack, Danny and Son. Danny is a 20 year old college student and the class clown. Jack is an office worker in his late 20/early 30s, who should really know better and Son is their shy and quiet friend, who should really find a better crowd to hang out with.

For some reason, the first two get their kicks by reminding me that they are single (there's also this perception here that black girls are uber sexual, where would they get that idea)while poor Son just blushes and smiles. Their comments are funny at first, but then usually get old and annoying, so I pretend that I don't hear them.

But I couldn't ignore this one.

Danny: Teacher, do you like ice cream?
me: Yes, Danny, I love ice cream.
Danny: Well, he's chocolate, I'm strawberry and he's vanilla. Pick a flavor.
Jack: This is an important question, so we would really appreciate an answer.
Son: (Blushes and smiles)

I couldn't hate. That was really clever for level 1

4 comments:

erica said...

what did you say??? haha... too funny!

Anonymous said...

yeah, seriously...i'm kind of interested which flavor you picked :)

homie, i'm not sure when you'll read this but here's my current situation. its pouring rain, i lost my cell phone, and i hear there's supposed to be a typhoon this weekend. aaaand myspace isn't working!!

we may need to reschedule.

Deidre C. said...

Oh, the joys of teaching. . .

jamila said...

if you're a hobag teacher you siad Neapolitan, if you were sick of it while it was still funny you answered sherbert (a perferred response) and continued the class. and if you were human. you just kinda tried to hide the crack of a smurk and jsut went on with the lesson ans acted like someone had another question.