Monday, October 09, 2006

ANOTHER GOOD DAY!!!

Today was another excellent day! I went to the gym and I was right about that efx machine! It was a breeze today because I was on one that was NOT broken. That's always a good thing.
So tomorrow's workout is going to be kind of tough, because I'm going back to work, so I really have to keep this going.... but I totally believe in ME!

Breakdown for today:

Breakfast:
Bowl of Special K with red berries and fat free soy milk

Lernch:
String cheese, wheat things, grapes and smart pop popcorn
(um not the healthiest thing, but I had a cocktail/bible study party for the girls in my church and I knew that I would eat alot then, so I was trying to allocate calories, I'll do better tomorrow I promise!)

Dinner:
Cream cheese and cucumber sandwhich, 4 martinis (virgin-- I counted about 250 calories- that's what I meant about allocating), and a small sliver of chocolate cake (BAD BAD BAD-- but a really SMALL sliver).

My workout was fantastic-- I did 30 minutes on the efx, which really was a breeze! Then I did intervals on the treadmill. I don't have the stamina to run a 10 minute mile at one time (I did before I became MORBIDLY OBESE-- less than a year ago). But this is what I do now, until I can build up the stamina:

5 minutes on 3.5mph
sprint for 1 min 7 mph
recover for 3 min at 3.5mph
repeat the cycle 5-6 times

In the beginning, I was totally like, this is TOO EASY!!! But by the 4th cycle I was about to die and I had to convince myself to do the 5th and final cycle, but it worked out well. I was a mess for about 5 minutes in the locker room afterwards, but I'm looking forward to when it's so easy I can sprint for 20 minutes straight!!!

Another thing that I found out today that TOTALLY AWESOME is that muscle has memory. WHICH MEANS that I will build muscle mass really quickly, because just a few months ago I was incredibly muscular and thin (well not thin, but thinner and still very muscular)

Plan for tomorrow:
Strenght Train the same from yesterday and 30-60 min of cardio. I should go to bed. UP AND AT 'EM at 5am!

PEACE!

1 comment:

erica said...

i'm so glad you're back to the blogging board...